Applications are now open for short-term internships! We look forward to receiving applications from ambitious and proactive candidates who wish to build a career in the art world, want to learn more about the workings of a performing arts festival, or assist artists in producing their work.
We welcome people interested in:
– preparing and running events related to the performing arts and visual arts
– working behind the scenes in theater, dance, visual art, etc.
– international exchange through arts and culture
– using and improving their language skills (expected visiting artists speak English, Indonesian and Thai)
Applicant Qualifications & Requirements:
– 18 years and older
– Available for at least seven days during the internship period below
– Basic computer skills
– Able to read, write and speak Japanese to an intermediate level
Mid-January to the end of March 2021 (Festival period: February 3rd to March 28th)
– Interns will be assigned to the team for 1–2 productions/events and work under the supervision of specialist members of staff. They will also help at the venue receptions and with keeping watch over exhibits.
– Successful applicants are required to attend one of the following orientation sessions (90 minutes)
January 7th 18:30
January 8th 10:30
Main Locations of Internships:
ROHM Theatre Kyoto, Kyoto Art Center, Kyoto Art Theater Shunjuza, Kyoto Prefectural Citizens’ Hall ALTI, Kyoto Experiment office, and more
How to Apply:
Download and complete the application form. The application must be completed in Japanese. Please bring it in person or send it by mail to the Kyoto Experiment Office. Applications are not accepted by email.
– Transport costs will be reimbursed (up to ¥1,500 per day).
– Interns will be covered by the festival’s volunteer insurance.
– Applicants successful in the first round will be invited to an interview. Applicants will be informed of the first round results by December 18th. Group interviews of approximately two hours will take place on December 24th and 25th.
– Applications must arrive by December 11th, 2020.