Short-Term Internships (Application Deadline: August 13)
Applications are now open for short-term internships! We look forward to receiving applications from ambitious and proactive candidates who wish to build a career in the art world, want to learn more about the workings of a performing arts festival, or assist artists in producing their work.
We welcome people interested in:
– preparing and running events related to the performing arts and visual arts
– working behind the scenes in theater, dance, visual art, etc.
– international exchange though arts and culture
– using and improving their language skills (expected visiting artists speak English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, and Korean)
Applicant Qualifications & Requirements:
– 18 years and older
– Available for at least seven days during the internship period below
– Basic computer skills
– Read, write and speak Japanese to an intermediate level
Late September to early October 2018 (Festival period: October 6–28)
– Interns will be assigned to the team for 1–2 productions/events in the Official Program and work under the supervision of specialist members of staff. They will also help at the venue receptions and with keeping watch over exhibits.
– Successful applicants are required to attend one of the following orientation sessions (90 minutes)
September 7: 15:30/18:30
September 8: 11:00/14:00
Main Locations of Internships:
ROHM Theatre Kyoto, Kyoto Art Center, Kyoto Art Theater Shunjuza, Kyoto Prefectural Citizens’ Hall ALTI, Kyoto Experiment office, and more
How to Apply:
Download and complete the application form. The application must be completed in Japanese. Please bring it in person or send it by mail to the Kyoto Experiment Office. Applications are not accepted by email.
– Transport costs will be reimbursed (up to ¥1,500 per day).
– Interns will be covered by the festival’s volunteer insurance.
– Applicants successful in the first round will be invited to an interview. Applicants will be informed of the first round results by August 16. Interviews of approximately two hours will take place between August 29 and August 31.
– Applications must arrive by August 13, 2018.